Good morning. I’m just trying to catch up on the weeks’ laundry and housework before deciding whether or not to drive out to the beach to visit my parents. They are really busy having some brick laid and doing farm work and I don’t want us to be in the way.
The DH is taking A3 to get her hair cut today. She asked several weeks ago to have it cut short, but I made her wait. Not because I think that girls should have long hair, that’s just silly and archaic, but rather because I wanted her to be sure about the decision. The Gak Incident may or may not have been a factor in her choice.
Last night a sleeve of the Ribby Cardi was cast on. In order to obtain the correct gauge I had to drop from a size 7 to a size 4 needle. That seems pretty drastic and now I’m wondering if my tension is looser because of age, MS, knitting style or a combination of these factors. Either way, it is rather shocking and kind of embarrassing to be so far off from others. And it still looks loose to me.
Oh, and here are the answers for the Knitter’s Treat Exchange questionnaire:
1. What’s your favourite type of yarn?
Wool, silk and other natural fibers.
2. What’s your least favourite type of yarn?
Novelty yarn, mohair and other fuzzy yarns
3. What’s the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Orient myself and get a game plan in my head for where I want to go first. Most of my yarn shopping is done on-line though.
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
Gardening, reading, playing with my girls, cross stitch, hand quilting (sewing machines are the bane of my existence) and spinning
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
Knitting, Gardening, Other Craft, Food, Crochet, Home I do NOT read fashion or celebrity magazines.
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
Socks, sweaters, hats, gloves, toys
8. Are you allergic to anything?
Umm, Codeine and Penicillen. I’m not supposed to have artificial sweeteners and perfume gives me headaches. I doubt that the medicines or aspartame will be found in yarn, but hey, you asked. Mohair makes me itch though.
9. What do you like to* smell of?
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
I don’t like perfume, but lavender and vanilla are okay. WHEN candles are burned (very seldom due to curious children) in our home I like food scents rather than florals. Guess I’m rather boring in the scent department.
10. What’s your favourite way to relax?
A hot bath, knitting, reading or gardening.
11. You’re stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
The Victorian sweetshop, the bakery, the Italian Cafe and finally the tea room
12. What do you come out with?
Chocolate and coffee
13. Where do you go next?
The Bakery of course. What’s life without a little starch and sugar!
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
Buy land and don’t invest in stocks. Also, never skip dessert. Oh, as far as the swap goes, I’m just thrilled to be participating and I will love anything you choose!