This week’s TOT challenge is to list your ten favorite cocktails/mocktails. I say “challenge” because I don’t know if I can come up with ten! Not that I’m a teetotaler or hold a grudge against others drinking responsibly, I just don’t care much for the taste… or the headaches and other nasty side effects. Except for sipping an occasional stout beer and a New Year’s Eve toast I don’t partake, but those aren’t really a cocktails, so they don’t count. I tried fruity, frothy sweet drinks in college, but it always ended badly. Anyway, here’s my own version of this Ten on Tuesday, showing some of the non-cocktail/mocktail beverates that wet my whistle.
1. Coffee! A splash of plain milk finishes off the perfect cup of java, but absolutely no sweeteners and it has to be hot. Because of this, I usually only drink coffee first thing in the morning.
2. Red Rose black tea. Tea is okay with sugar and I can drink it at any temperature, so it’s more versatile than coffee.
3. Hot water. I drink hot water first thing when I get up, throughout the day and at bedtime too.
4. Ocean Spray brand cranberry juice (hi mom and dad!)
5. Metro Mint chocolate mint flavored (but not sweet) water.
6. Occasionally soda.
7. Even more rarely, a glass of dark beer. No cans or mass-produced swill, thank you very much.
Talk about a boring and narrow palate!
Because of the long weekend regular Sunday baking didn’t take place until Monday. A3 is sick again (don’t get me started on the doctor’s visit), and time was limited so Rice Crispy treats, gingerbread from a box and a small batch of cookies were all that was made.
Here’s a new picture of Bonny. Just to prove to myself, and everyone else, that we still do have a third kitty. She now lurks under our bed and in our closet most of the time.
Steve keeps her trapped in the bedroom. She has her own food and litter box in our bathroom, but he darts in at every opportunity to eat her food and knock over her water dish. He’s getting quite rotund as he tries to out eat the other two cats.
Finally, I started the front part of the sweater/vest that I’m making for my sister’s birthday. She shuns computers so there’s no danger of her catching a premature glimpse. Sleeves and sleeve length will totally depend on time and how much yarn I have.
Hope everyone has a totally terrific Tuesday!